A strength training program to build strength and mass glutes, and a fitness program for work in isolation from buttocks to tone the muscles.
A strength training program for the glutes is not very complex to implement.
It all depends on your goal :
- Muscle mass glutes , in parallel with strong involvement of quadriceps
- Isolation of pure buttocks
Glutes Bodybuilding program “global” :
This program is based on two major training exercises for the glutes : squats and lunges .
- Squat bar : 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
- Lunges guided by unilateral (or lunges with dumbbells ): 3 sets of 5 to 10 reps per leg
For maximum work on the buttocks , consider :
- Back buttocks during squats
- A big step forward in the slots
You need to do weight training program for the glutes at least once a week. For greater efficiency , and if your recovery allows, make this program twice a week .
If you only do once, you can make it more intense by adding a number to each of these two years, and by extending the series.
Reminder : This program will allow development of the gluteal muscles , but also the thighs. So be careful if you do not really want to beef up your thighs , you should use the program below:
Glutes bodybuilding program “insulation”
This second program for the gluteal muscle aims to work in isolation from this muscle group without the involvement of the quadriceps . It is closer to a fitness program that pure bodybuilding, it will be generally less effective in these muscle areas. It should rather expect a slight improvement in tone.
- Extension leg : 3 sets of 20 repetitions
- Statement of the basin / Cladding : 3 sets of 10 repetitions , holding the position for 5 to 10 seconds in a high position
For more difficulty
- Use a rubber band or a weight of ankle movement extensions
- Make the move statements basin with one leg or with a weight on the belly.
This training program is glutes to achieve twice a week . Note that this second program will not take a lot of volume or strength in the glutes . To do this , choose the first program made or a mixture of both .